Account Manager – Digital / Competition practices
We are looking for an ambitious, experienced, and enthusiastic Account Manager to work across our digital and competition practices.
With an established background in public policy making, ideally with a competition/regulation component, you will join our experienced public affairs team at an exciting period of significant growth.
You will form an integral part of busy account teams delivering campaigns to help solve wide ranging political, regulatory, and policy issues for some of Europe’s biggest companies. From some of the most recognisable brands to some of the most dynamic new companies, you will use your significant client experience and understanding of the political environment to help them navigate a rapidly changing environment.
The successful candidate will be an established professional who has advanced understanding of EU coThe successful candidate will be an established professional who has advanced understanding of EU public policy with a focus on fast-moving digital markets. You will have acquired significant experience working on economic regulation issues with a reasonable exposure to competition policy issues. Any familiarity with the European online payment and fintech landscape would represent a clear advantage.
You will have a thorough understanding of the political landscape and the ability to apply that knowledge across a wide range of sectors. You will deliver consistently high-quality written communication and have strong organisational and project management skills alongside strong personal skills, an interest in current European affairs, and a thirst to understand your clients and the sectors in which they operate.
Role and responsibilities
- Work across a diverse range of issues at the intersection of competition and digital policy;
- Manage a range of client accounts and relationships, acting as day-to-day lead on project implementation;
- Consistently deliver high-quality services that meet the needs of our clients;
- Play a vital role in conceptualising and driving forward public affairs activities to deliver concrete policy change;
- Provide timely and insightful advice across the business and to clients;
- Develop clear and concise policy analyses as well as sound material to help clients understand and navigate change;
- Map stakeholders across the European institutions, develop and nurture productive relationships, and identify avenues for engagement;
- Take an active role in new business activity, including seeking out new leads, drafting proposals, and taking part in new business pitches;
- Effectively manage and mentor team members to help them reach their full potential.
Skills and experience
- Four to seven years of relevant experience (EU institution, public affairs consultancy, in-house public affairs team, trade association);
- Excellent academic credentials;
- Strong interest in, and understanding of, competition law, competition policy, and digital policy;
- Superior organisational and project management skills;
- Ability to deliver high-quality work while multi-tasking and managing competing deadlines;
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail to ensure high level of accuracy;
- Ability to work autonomously while also managing, supporting, and developing team members;
- Outstanding English writing (clarity, conciseness, precision) and presentation skills.
FIPRA offers the possibility to join a highly professional team within a challenging international working environment, which will stimulate your professional and individual development, as well as an attractive remuneration package.
If the above sounds like you and you’d like to hear more about working in the FIPRA public affairs team, please send your CV and cover letter to our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org by
Monday, April 11th COB
We look forward to meeting you!
FIPRA International is an independent European public affairs consultancy based in Brussels with a reach spanning more than 50 countries worldwide.
Since our foundation in 2000, FIPRA International has advised a wide range of clients in a host of sectors, including banking & financial services, chemicals, industrials & mining, competition & antitrust, digital & tech, energy & environment, food & drink, healthcare & life sciences, transport, travel & logistics, and international trade.
As experts in political and regulatory processes, we advise leading businesses and organisations on how to navigate complex policy landscapes and address regulatory challenges. At the heart of our collective approach to public affairs and government relations lies a determination to seek the common ground between our clients’ objectives and the wider public interest.
Individually, each of our business units is a leader in their specific policy area. All are staffed with expert recognised for the depth of their knowledge and a track record of delivering sustainable results for our clients.
Read more about FIPRA here.