FIPRA International – Brussels
Account Manager – Healthcare, Life Sciences & Wellbeing Practice
With proven experience in health security, defense or pandemic preparedness policies
FIPRA’s Healthcare Practice has 20 years’ experience advising pharmaceutical and medical device companies, trade associations, patient organisations, NGOs and healthcare professionals on delivering policy change in the European Union and other regions. We have extensive experience in facilitating multi-stakeholder dialogue and collaboration, bringing together all actors to address pressing policy challenges and shape policies in the public interest.
Due to our growing portfolio, we are looking for an account manager with an experience in health security and pandemic preparedness. As an Account Manager in FIPRA’s Healthcare Practice, you will play an important role in assisting our clients in defining their political narratives and campaigns around health security and strengthening health resilience within an environment of public health, civil protection or defense at a national, EU and international level.
Role and responsibilities
Your main responsibilities will be within the growing portfolio of health security related clients:
- Work across a diverse range of issues related to vaccines, therapeutics, diagnostics or other medical countermeasures that are used in health emergency crisis situations, as well as to respond to specific diseases;
- Play a vital role in conceptualising and driving forward strategic messages to address pressing policy issues and deliver concrete policy change;
- Provide clients with strategic and timely intelligence – by using the FIPRA network and your own network – as well as concrete recommendations for action;
- Being able to identify and grasp the political and business essence of what matters most to clients in relation with ongoing legislative initiatives and political actuality;
- Play a key role in managing client relationships and delivering high quality services in-line with client needs;
- Develop clear and concise policy analyses as well as precise and persuasive policy materials;
- Lead awareness raising campaigns and organize events;
In addition, as an account manager you will have also cross-functional responsibilities and you will be expected to:
- Contribute to new business development within the practice – including identifying opportunities, developing creative and sustainable strategies that align public and private interests and pitching to potential clients;
- Manage project teams and support and develop junior team members.
Skills and experience
We are looking for that multilingual person with a unique combination of social skills and political savviness. She/he must have proven experience in one of the policy areas and knows how Brussels functions.
Our practice is very hands-on driven, and the account manager is someone with:
- strong academic credentials;
- strong interest in and deep knowledge of EU affairs and healthcare policies;
- excellent organisational and project management skills to drive forward multi-stakeholder initiatives with proven proactivity, flexibility and a ‘can do’ attitude;
- ability to hit the ground running quickly with key health security, pandemic preparedness, or health defense related issues and has competences in advocating for (national) market access;
- ability to deliver high-quality work while multi-tasking and managing competing deadlines;
- excellent analytical skills and attention to detail to ensure high level of accuracy;
- ability to work autonomously while also managing, supporting and developing team members;
- sufficient familiarity with the most relevant EU policy files and structures (Health Emergency Response Authority, rescEU, Union Civil Protection Mechanism, Global Health agenda, Cross Border Health Treats, EU4Health, European Defense Fund);
- flexibility to travel at short notice
Our account manager for health security clients:
- is pragmatic, result-oriented and a team player;
- 4(+) years experience in a public affairs department or another relevant working environment such as public institutions, law firms, NGOs, industry associations or other consultancies;
- has a proven track record in working or liaising with US and Asian clients in an EU political context;
- knowledge about national civil protection, defense (NATO, EDF) and health emergency structures are considered an important additional asset;
- has outstanding presentation skills; fluency in written and spoken English and French are essential; one or more additional European languages such as German, Polish or Scandinavian are considered an important additional asset.
FIPRA offers the possibility to join a highly professional team and challenging international working environment, which will stimulate your professional and individual development. We offer an attractive salary package dependent on your experience.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you!
FIPRA International is an independent European public affairs consultancy based in Brussels with a reach in more than 50 countries worldwide through the FIPRA Network.
Since its foundation in 2000, FIPRA International has advised a wide range of clients in a host of sectors, including healthcare, food and drink, competition, chemicals, industrials and mining, digital and technology, energy and environment, financial services, transport and logistics, international trade and Brexit-related issues.
At the heart of our collective approach to public affairs and government relations lies a determination to seek the common ground between our clients’ objectives and the wider public interest.
Individually, each of our business units are leaders in their specific policy area; our teams are staffed with experts recognised for the depth of their knowledge and a track record of delivering results for our clients. Read more here: www.fipra.com.