INVITATION: “Can we regulate for innovation and can we innovate in regulation?”
Fipra is pleased to invite you to the following event “Can we regulate for innovation and can we innovate in regulation?” co-organised with the European Justice Forum (EJF), the Association of British Healthcare Industries (ABHI) and MedTech Europe, taking place on 13 June 2019 at the Fondation Universitaire in Brussels.
During this event, speakers from various sectors (including aviation, food, medical technology, digital and financial services) will focus on some key elements that need to be taken into consideration to ensure better regulation in the future. They will discuss some of the trends and challenges lying ahead when it comes to dealing with innovation and regulation.
The event will also be the opportunity to remember the ‘founding father’ of EJF, Malcolm Carlisle, who was Executive Director until 2011, and notably to tackle one topic of extreme importance: Ethical Business Practice and Regulation.
Please find the programme for the event below. We are very pleased to announce the participation of high-levels speakers.
08:00 Registration & Coffee
Robert Madelin, Chairman & Partner, Fipra International
09:00 “Digitalization as new Challenge in Regulation”
Andrus Ansip, European Commissioner for Digital Single Market and Vice-President of the European Commission
09:15 Ethical Business Practice and Regulation
Malcolm Carlisle Memorial Lecture 2019, by Professor Christopher Hodges
In memoriam to the founder of EJF and former Executive Director 2005-2011
09:45 Regulatory panel
Moderator: Ekkart Kaske, Executive Director of the European Justice Forum
- Prabhat Agarwal, Deputy Head of Unit eCommerce and Platforms, DG CONNECT, European Commission
- Elisabeth Crossick, Head of Government Affairs, RELX
- Alan Sutherland, Chief Executive of the Water Industry Commission for Scotland (WICS)
10:45 Coffee break
11.15 “The paradigm of ‘open culture’”
Ruth Steinholtz, Founder, AretéWork
11:30 International Network for Delivery of Regulation panel
Moderator: Robert Madelin, Chairman & Partner, Fipra International
- Dr. Oliver Gray, CEO, GRAYWISE sprl
- Paul Hofheinz, President and co-founder, Lisbon Council
- Alexandre Aroeira Salles, Founding Partner, Aroeira Salles Advogados
- Kristine Peers, General Counsel, European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA)
12:45 Closing remarks
Nicole Denjoy, Vice-Chair Health Committee, Business at OECD
13:00 Get Together