EU view on the Biden-Harris mandate: Transatlantic opportunities & pitfalls
5pm - 6pm Brussels Online
From the $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan to the “China Omnibus”, the tone in Capitol Hill is pivoting from rescue to recovery. In Brussels, too, the goal of the EU is to build back stronger through better regulation, the EU Green Deal and the NextGenerationEU package worth €750 billion.
Given the ambitious innovation, infrastructure, energy and climate agenda on both sides of the Atlantic, are there concrete opportunities that industry and regulators can avail of? Conversely, what are the potential pitfalls?
To debate these questions and more, our webinar brings together heavyweights with decades of regulatory, policy & government experience in the US and EU:
– Greg Walden, Chairman, Alpine Advisors / FIPRA USA
The recently retired former Congressman from Oregon has chaired the powerful House Energy & Commerce Committee which has jurisdiction over telecommunications, health care, medical research, energy and consumer safety issues.
– Robert Madelin, Chairman, FIPRA International
The UK and EU public servant has served in the European Commission’s DG CONNECT (Communications Networks, Content and Technology), DG SANCO (Health and Consumer Policy) and as director of DG Trade.
– Velma McColl, Principal, Earnscliffe / FIPRA Canada will moderate the discussion, bringing to the discussion her expertise in business, government, international affairs and policy.
Questions to be discussed include:
- What are the likely impacts of USA’s proposed global corporate tax rate? Are there overlaps with the EU’s proposal for tax transparency?
- Are there opportunities for firms given the EU focus on taxonomy?
- How can industry benefit from the US Green Deal & EU Green Deal? What role can renewables, biomass and nuclear play?
- What geopolitical options exist for the US and EU to deal with China?
- How can the US and EU better collaborate to move the dial on the digital and healthcare agenda?
Want to ask the speakers a question?
Questions will be taken from the audience. You can also send yours to email@example.com
Velma McColl – Principal, Earnscliffe / FIPRA Canada
+32 (0)2 613 28 28