Healthcare, Life Sciences & Wellbeing practice: Account Manager (specialised in health security)
With proven experience in health security, defense or pandemic preparedness policies
FIPRA International is an independent European public affairs consultancy based in Brussels. Since its foundation in 2000, we advise leading businesses and organisations on how to navigate complex policy landscapes and address regulatory challenges.
Our core services for clients include intelligence, analysis, strategy setting, coalition building and tailored solutions. With 50 outstanding dedicated professionals in our Brussels office, we combine in-depth regulatory expertise and high-level political insight which helps our clients achieve meaningful and measurable outcomes. We also coordinate the wider FIPRA network together with our partners. Our network offers clients unrivalled access to bespoke, highly-specialised strategic counsel in all EU and EEA Member States in Europe, and elsewhere internationally, bringing together global reach with local, in-market expertise.
Role and responsibilities
Your main responsibilities will be within the growing portfolio of health security related clients:
- Work across a diverse range of issues related to vaccines, therapeutics, diagnostics or other medical countermeasures that are used in health emergency crisis situations, as well as to respond to specific diseases;
- Play a vital role in conceptualising and driving forward strategic messages to address pressing policy issues and deliver concrete policy change;
- Provide clients with strategic and timely intelligence – by using the FIPRA network and your own network – as well as concrete recommendations for action;
- Being able to identify and grasp the political and business essence of what matters most to clients in relation with ongoing legislative initiatives and political actuality;
- Play a key role in managing client relationships and delivering high quality services in-line with client needs;
- Develop clear and concise policy analyses as well as precise and persuasive policy materials;
- Lead awareness raising campaigns and organize events;
In addition, as an account manager you will have also cross-functional responsibilities and you will be expected to:
- Contribute to new business development within the practice – including identifying opportunities, developing creative and sustainable strategies that align public and private interests and pitching to potential clients;
- Manage project teams and support and develop junior team members.
Skills and experience
We are looking for that multilingual person with a unique combination of social skills and political savviness. She/he must have proven experience in one of the policy areas and knows how Brussels functions.
Our practice is very hands-on driven, and the account manager is someone with:
- strong academic credentials;
- strong interest in and deep knowledge of EU affairs and healthcare policies;
- excellent organisational and project management skills to drive forward multi-stakeholder initiatives with proven proactivity, flexibility and a ‘can do’ attitude;
- ability to hit the ground running quickly with key health security, pandemic preparedness, or health defense related issues and has competences in advocating for (national) market access;
- ability to deliver high-quality work while multi-tasking and managing competing deadlines;
- excellent analytical skills and attention to detail to ensure high level of accuracy;
- ability to work autonomously while also managing, supporting and developing team members;
- sufficient familiarity with the most relevant EU policy files and structures (Health Emergency Response Authority, rescEU, Union Civil Protection Mechanism, Global Health agenda, Cross Border Health Treats, EU4Health, European Defense Fund);
- flexibility to travel at short notice
Our account manager for health security clients:
- is pragmatic, result-oriented and a team player;
- 4(+) years experience in a public affairs department or another relevant working environment such as public institutions, law firms, NGOs, industry associations or other consultancies;
- has a proven track record in working or liaising with US and Asian clients in an EU political context;
- knowledge about national civil protection, defense (NATO, EDF) and health emergency structures are considered an important additional asset;
- has outstanding presentation skills; fluency in written and spoken English and French are essential; one or more additional European languages such as German, Polish or Scandinavian are considered an important additional asset.
FIPRA offers the possibility to join a highly professional team and challenging international working environment, which will stimulate your professional and individual development. We offer an attractive salary package dependent on your experience.