Account Manager in Green Transition, Energy & Industrials practice
FIPRA International is an independent European public affairs consultancy based in Brussels. Since its foundation in 2000, we advise leading businesses and organisations on how to navigate complex policy landscapes and address regulatory challenges.
Our core services for clients include intelligence, analysis, strategy setting, coalition building and tailored solutions. With 50 outstanding dedicated professionals in our Brussels office, we combine in-depth regulatory expertise and high-level political insight which helps our clients achieve meaningful and measurable outcomes. We also coordinate the wider FIPRA network together with our partners. Our network offers clients unrivalled access to bespoke, highly-specialised strategic counsel in all EU and EEA Member States in Europe, and elsewhere internationally, bringing together global reach with local, in-market expertise.
FIPRA is looking for two Account Managers to join its Green Transition Team. Our Green Transition practice has over 20 years’ experience advising clients on the political and public affairs aspects of EU (and also EEA/UK). We have extensive experience in facilitating multi-stakeholder dialogue and input to help bring about particular outcomes.
Account Manager in FIPRA’s Green Transition Team
Being an Account Manager in FIPRA’s Green Transition Team will offer you the experience of working and making a difference in a dynamic sector which is facing numerous challenges – as well as opportunities.
Prior experience in the field of energy and/or decarbonization (vacancy 1) or in the field of circular economy, where substance relates policy knowledge (vacancy 2) is essential as the positions require a certain degree of expertise, as well as a good existing level of understanding of EU Environmental policy and Green Deal’s objectives, understanding where the discussions stand and how businesses will be impacted.
The ideal candidates would also have a good understanding of the working environment involved in the matter, identifying the relevant third parties and key organizations to engage with, as well as the relevant directorates within the European Commission, the relevant authorities in the EU Member States and with the European Parliament.
As an Account Manager, your role will be to assist the Account Director and help manage clients’ needs and cases on a day-to-day basis, with input and assistance from team members. Clients may require assistance not only on their policy-related matters, but also on how these interact with other areas of EU policy, such as industrial, environmental, and transport policies, digital policy, and financial services policy, among others. Knowledge and experience of other EU policy areas would therefore be a plus.
You will report to, and be guided by, the Head of the Business Unit, while also liasing with other members of the team, including our range of experienced Special Advisors as well as our full-time personnel.
Roles and responsibilities
- Following the lead of the Director in charge, playing a key role in managing client relationships and delivering high quality services in-line with client needs and expectations.
- Working across a diverse range of issues, both as part of the Green Transition team and in liaison with other FIPRA practice areas/business units.
- Assisting in conducting research, monitoring and analysis; gathering intelligence by using FIPRA resources and your own network.
- Participating in interactions (meetings/calls/presentations) with clients and stakeholders, both on existing business and potential new business.
- Contributing to pitches and presentations for new business development; participating in conferences and other events on behalf of FIPRA.
- Providing strategic and logistical support for multi-stakeholder initiatives to address specific client issues and deliver successful outcomes.
Skills and experience
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience from an EU institution, public affairs consultancy, trade association, in-house public affairs team or NGO.
- Strong interest in and good understanding of the Green Deal’s overall climate and circular objectives / Green Deal policy “Toxic Free environment” (knowledge on hazardous substances and chemicals required) strategy essentials, with awareness of current debates around future policy challenges. Ability to learn rapidly and to quickly link the dots between policy initiatives.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills to drive client agendas and initiatives with proven proactivity and flexibility.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail; ability to deliver high-quality work while multi-tasking and managing competing deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously where needed, while also supporting, managing and developing other team members.
- Proactivity, good verbal communication, writing and presentation skills; adept networker with strong contacts in the EU bubble.
In return, FIPRA offers you the possibility to join a dynamic, highly professional and international work environment, which will stimulate your professional and individual development.
At FIPRA we believe that success is all about people, and shared success and professional pride are among our core values. We will also offer you an attractive salary package.